Tuesday, November 9, 2010

A Theme of Wings...

I do believe that this month has grown some wings and is flying right on past me without regard to the time I need to accomplish all I would really like to get done. As I mentioned in a couple of previous posts, I am taking an online class with Wyanne Thompson ...see http://www.wyartjewels.blogspot.com/ for details ... in fact, I am taking two of her classes at the same time (WHAT was I thinking?!!) and I am having a grand time! I am taking her Mixed Media Resin class and the Paint Free class as well. Now, let me just tell you, if you ever have those nasty little voices in your head yelling at you, you know, that little gremlin art critic poking at you....GO TAKE WYANNE'S CLASS!! I can't begin to tell you now WONDERFUL her Paint Free class is!! If anyone asks what you want for a gift, let them give you the gift of this class. There are wonderful things to learn and Wyanne is incredible. If I could put into to words how awesome she is, I would!! I can't comment on what we're learning because it is not fair to Wyanne, and she has my utmost respect for what she's doing for us all, the ones that take her class. This Paint Free class is her baby and she's worked for 2 years to accomplish putting together this most wonderful class. I am having so much fun and learning so many things about myself as an artist. Wyanne is giving us all WINGS....she's a great teacher, so kind & caring, so full of inspiration that helps us all find our wings! I've run into a lot of artist's that do not want to share their "knowledge" or "secrets", they act as if they're better than everyone else...I can't stand an art bully or an art snob! Who's to say what is or is not good. I believe beauty is all around us, in different forms, and how boring would this world be if we all created the same thing? Wyanne shares her knowledge, what she's learned throughout her career and life, she's the real deal, an inspiration to many! I am off to work on the class for a bit right now, between some "real world" work (yuck, but a necessity) and some art fun, YAY!! Love & peace to all!! Lisa

1 comment:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I am going to try to do this when I get back. I feel the same way you do about the peeps that don't want to share. Blehhhhhh!

I miss you and love you to pieces.

LuLu~*xoxo