Guess you must be wondering what the title of this blog is all about! Well, the movie version of Ya Ya Sisterhood is playing right now....and guess what.....to be followed by none other than STEEL MAGNOLIAS....which I JUST referred to in my last blog....how serendipitous is that may I ask? :)
Now for the next part....the shrimp boat portion....well, as I sit here and type I am looking out at some of the shrimp boats make their way back to their home ports, mooring for the rest of the day. Many of these intrepid fishermen are out way before day breaks and get the job done and head back in before some people even rise out of bed on weekend mornings. Again, how blessed I feel to be able to be a part of all this wonderful life here in our little fishing village....sometimes I ask myself "Did you ever think you could love a place so much in your whole life?" -- and of course I now know the answer.....a resounding YES, YES, YES!! I (we) just LOVE our beach community!! OH MY GOODNESS!! As my good friend Wendy Prentice says...."the secret to living a good life is living it along the coast" -- I could not have said it better myself Wendy Lu ;)
So, now back out to the great outdoors and soak in some more of that fantastic salt air!! Can't you just imagine yourself, taking a deep breath, catching the aroma of the ocean, the local fresh seafood market, the smell of burning leaves, which many folks know is a very common practice here in the Fall, and is a smell that brings back so many memories and an smell I just LOOOOOVE :) I will be back for more later....no tea and crumpets for now...just make yourself at home and I'll return later!! xoxo to all :) Lisa
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would love to live at the coast. My favorite niece used to live in Wilmington (now she lives in Willard) but she is still on staff at the University in Wilmington. Her parents live in Hampstead. Small world isn't it???? Have a great day. Thanks for visiting me yesterday.
Post a Comment