Sunday, November 9, 2008

Gorgeous Morning & The Flounder

Good Morning everyone!! I have been up since 4:00AM and sitting out back watching the shrimp boats leave the inlet. I've listened to the motors come to life, watched the lights all start to shine their glow upon the decks of those lovely old vessels, and have watched what I have come to call "the parade of boats" leave our fair inlet to head out to the big blue to see what the catch of the day will be. Although this time of year becomes colder, and a little more difficult to take while standing right there "on the water", I still love to put on something just warm enough to keep me comfortable and head down to our pier, camera in hand, sweet Oscar (our black lab) at my side, and see what lovely shots I come up with as that bold beautiful sun starts to rise over the water, breaking up that night sky sprinkled with stars, and turning into all sorts of oranges and pinks and reds and yellows and purples....well, just about the most gorgeous site you've ever seen :) Angus (our yellow lab) typically decides my morning hours are just too much for him and his choice is to remain snuggled up close to Bobby, buried down in the warmth of the bed, and only if Bobby decides to get up early with me, does Angus even venture out to the end of the pier, where much of the photography takes place. I know, I know...I am so biased when it comes to our fair haven at the coast, but honestly, I can't help it. I always say if one only knew the splendor I am so privileged to witness on a daily basis!! OH MY GOODNESS :)



More news to share is that Bobby and Norwood, one of our wonderful neighbors AND Bobby's "partner in crime", went out flounder gigging during the night Friday night, and Bobby proudly came home with a 6 pound flounder to fry up for a fresh seafood supper shared with Bertha and Norwood last night. Unfortunately I am allergic to all seafood, fish included, but the rest of the gang had a great meal. Bertha is one heck of a cook (real Southern cookin') and always the best part are the conversations we all share after our meal. Time certainly gets away from us all and we tend to remain deep into many talks for hours on end....again for those that know me, you well know this is highly possible and not uncommon!!



Well, as I see out my bank of floor to ceiling windows (another item we made sure we did when we remodeled this old home) I am viewing the sky begin to lighten, so now is the time to wake Oscar (even though his snoring is resonating throughout the bedroom), grab the camera and head down to the pier to see what shots I can capture from the sunrise about to ensue and brighten the day that will soon be upon us. Once that gorgeous ball of fire starts to rise over the waters out back, it certainly takes NO time to light the day ahead. Love to all and more later!! Lisa :) PS--looks like my computer clock is stuck on Pacific Coast time?!?! As in the West Coast? Does that actually exist? Just kidding for all my West Coast friends
:) xoxox

No comments: