Friday, November 14, 2008

Lordy, Don't My Blog Look Pure Uncouth Compared To LuLu's ;)

Well, I just visited our "REAL" Coastal Sisters blog....and don't I feel like a "PURE-T-HAINT"!! Now, for those of you from the South you know what I'm talkin'bout....the haint part, that is. You go to LuLu's blog and you hear angelic voices and music sent from the heavens....then you visit the TOO TWISTED FOR COLOR TV portion...and you feel like you have just arrived on Miss Truvy's tacky a** front porch after she and Annelle have decorated for Christmas, looking like they just vomited up every Christmas knick knack from the dollar store all over the front porch.....GEESH!! (after visiting LuLu's portion of Coastal Sisters I felt I needed to do some work on my portion of the blog) ..... only THIS **sweeping motion opening arms** is what you get :) Don'tcha just luuuuuuuve it when you feel right at home in my messy ol' spot here?!?!! This is the "come on in, knock off the sand, kick off the flip flops, and plop on down anywheres" portion of Coastal Sisters. LuLu is just too much!! She sure has a way with making things all glittery and wonderful and sparkling and festive.....with me you just get sand, flip flops, the occasional flounder...gratis Bobby and Norwood of course...and that "help yourself to whatever's in the fridge" attitude we possess :)


Anyway, the coast has been a bit gloomy today...weather wise that is. Now, let's just clarify that in my book, there is never any gloom when you are at the beach, don'tcha know!! Once I learn how to do all that great stuff Lu does, i.e. photos, music, food, beverages, etc....then I too can be the "hostess with the mostest"....until then you'll have to settle for sand in your nooks and crannies, flip flops on your feet, the smell of the coast, the salty air surrounding you, and the sound of seagulls calling out for all that stale bread you're hoarding!! So pull up a rocking chair or sun chaise, pour yourself some coconut rum, come and cop a squat at the TOO TWISTED FOR COLOR TV blog for a bit. You are welcome all the time....then you can head back to LuLu for some tea and crumpets :) Love you sissy poo!!

Oh yea, update for Jane today is that she started her physical therapy and she made it through...albeit everyone was looking at her scar and saying "that looks really bad" .... and of course she almost fainted, had tears come to her eyes, but being the trooper she is, she stuck it out, made it through, and now has another SIX WEEKS of looking forward to that crap!! Sorry Squirrely Girl :)

Also, on the Bart home front, he is all moved in to his new place and still trying to sort everything out...he's gonna get there ... just keep stuffin' the closets full baby!!

Love to all and thanks for stopping by and sorry I didn't have all that hoity toity frou frou stuff Miss Lu has to offer....how about some peanuts and coke (mixed IN the bottle together of course...another thing you get if from the South!!) or just BYOB, we're easy....love to all!! :) Lisa

1 comment:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I have laughed so hard I am crying over this post. I love that movie so much. I love your Blog and I will take a serving of peanuts in my Coke please :) I can forgo the tea and crumpets at the moment!

Love you more than I love my luggage!

LuLu~*