Saturday, November 22, 2008

Glitter Shells, Raoul, and the elusive Mrs. Beasely

Good evening everyone! Glitter shells and freezing weather have been the "order of the day" here at the coast. The wind has been WICKED and cold, cold, cold, FREEZING COLD, (did I even mention it was COLD?!?!!) and that's about all I have to say about the weather....although our night skies have been incredible, very clear and stars galore!!! -- but, the Glitter Shells portion of my subject titIe has to do with my friends sweet little gift shop here in Sneads Ferry --THE SHOP ACROSS THE STREET-- where I spent probably a couple of hours shopping (mostly talking if you must know the truth) for some of Kelly's beautiful glittered shell ornaments!! This is the same shop where I sell my mermaid paintings...thanks to Kelly and Andy prodding me along. So, now that I have those fabulous glitter shells, I can't WAIT to get the tree put up and put my glitter shells on there and I will TRY to post a picture (once I, the techno dipstick, learns how!!) but to let you know, if you need ornaments, GORGEOUS ornaments, unbelievable ornaments, just contact Kelly via their web site at http://www.glittershells.com/ BUT, I must tell you, the photos do NOT do these gorgeous shells justice!! They are truly fantastic. I just read Lu's blog, put my 2 cents worth in (otherwise known as posting my own comments) and of course received a phone call from LuLu immediately after posting my thoughts, and as usual we could barely speak during our fits of laughter, although we have our own understanding of what the other is saying during said fits :) I really MUST fill you in on Raoul (my monkey friend, who is somewhat like Mrs. Beasley, a figment of my imagination, dare I say my "out there" imagination?!?!!) Anyway, I had to let Lu know that Raoul was busy on the phone with Mrs. Beasely discussing Thanksgiving Day menu plans, and in turn, Mrs. Beasely had to go and discuss with Apricot, being that Apricot "claims" she is the "alpha dog" of their fur baby brood (or so poor little "Miss Thang" thinks she is the Alpha Dog....little does she know Mrs. Beasley is fabulous at mind control and is completely and utterly in control of EVERYTHING!!) Well, Raoul needed to put his 2 cents worth in, borrowed (more like swiped) my cell phone, rang Mrs. Beasley and began to cover the menu for the big Turkey Day events and so I do believe all is moving forward at LuLu's household thanks to Raoul and Mrs. Beasley taking command of all the details....I do believe I smell "party planning" in the works for these 2 magnificent creatures...perhaps a partnership can be formed from their 2 heads coming together as one, and I can see it in lights now "THE MONKEY & ME" -- party planning at it's best...now please bear in mind, you yourself will need a great imagination, you must be able to keep an open mind, you will need to hope for the best and plan for the worst (in case you decide to "hire" Raoul & Mrs. Beasely) dare I say a back-up plan would be in order....actually, a back up plan would be a necessity and basically you might as well go ahead and do the whole party yourself, because needless to say, I doubt the 2 of those characters would show up, unless of course you might be on pain killers, had a bottle or two (or ten) of wine, maybe several good strong alcoholic drinks (umbrellas in the glass optional) and maybe a small dose of perhaps, an hallucinogenic to make Raoul and Mrs. Beasely appear, on time, dressed to the 9's, ready to take control and make said party actually happen. By the way, IF you pull this one off, please fill me in as to the whereabouts of Raoul, as I would LOVE my cell phone back any day now, so please drop it off, mail it, send it by carrier pigeon even....just get the thing back to me ASAP Raoul :) and please keep the chit chat with Mrs. Beasely to a minimum my sweet little monkey (you crazy little twit!!) or was that ME I was thinking about?!?!!! Crazy twit actually might fit the bill when it comes to describing myself...just ask anyone that remotely knows me, or perhaps even knows me all too well :P



Well, at this point I find myself having to bid you all a fond adieu and wish you all a very good night....I find myself getting to go to bed later and later these days (what the heck is that all about?!!!) so I had better run, as it is headed to the 1:00am hour before too long!! Love to all...xoxo Lisa

1 comment:

LuLu Kellogg said...

I have read this NUMEROUS times today and laugh more each time I read it! You are still the funniest person I know! We were blessed with wonderful imaginations and the upside of that is that it doesn't take much to entertain us!

I love you my Sistah!
LuLu~*