Friday, October 24, 2008

Complaints About Time...or the lack thereof...

It seems that time manages to slip past me too quickly these days (same thing I complain about ALL the time!!) and I find Halloween is quickly approaching and I need to get my little goodie bags made for the kids in the neighborhood...both of my neighborhoods actually, my old and new!! The one thing I made my neighbors promise was not to forget me on Halloween (we only moved about a mile away) so I said they must all load up in the car and come by our new home. On the street which I lived for quite some time, I am honored to say that my home has always been one of the highlights of our neighborhood. I always tried to carve as many pumpkins as possible, sometimes we might have 15 or 20, each one different, and then there were times where I only had enough time to carve one, depending on how hectic life may or may not have been at the time. It has always been great watching the kids in our neighborhood grow over the years. Seeing new families become a part of our community and watching the new kids grow from toddlers to younger age children, right on up to being teenagers and become adults. There are many that are now in college or getting married...also, some new faces are seen too. As in life, ever changing and growing and moving in different directions, our neighborhood has done just that, both the old & new, so and I guess it all really dates me a bit :) but hey, I'd rather still be here to live, love, and laugh as much as I possibly can. So, I MUST get busy trying to prepare the treat bags for the kids that will pay us a visit next Friday...TRICK OR TREAT!! :)



Now, some great news is that I sold another black and white print from the web site (thank you Scott) ...it is always so gratifying and humbling to know your artwork will be displayed in someones home or given with love to maybe someone else as a gift. Even more great news is I sold more prints at THE SHOP ACROSS THE STREET last week. I can't say too much because it might spoil a surprise for someone, but there is a very sweet girl that bought the prints, and I was fortunate enough to have the pleasure to meet her in person when I stopped in the shop to say hi to Kelly, the shop owner. The young lady bought 2 of my 20x30 prints for Christmas presents this year...so, I am over the moon that someone has given me the gift of purchasing my artwork!! I can't tell you how much it means to me knowing something I created is loved by someone else...I sent a text message to my dear friend Bart when I got the order and he sent a message back that "I was an income producing artist" which made me feel so very WONDERFUL! Thanks my "BB" for always being my biggest support :) and now it is time for you to COME HOME! (inside joke...but NOT a joke) !!!!!! Bart is SOOOOOOO talented in his own right, yet he always makes me feel like I am the one with the talent, but you should see how truly talented HE is :)



LuLu has been pushing me to paint a holiday mermaid....I have sketched out Valentine mermaids and Christmas mermaids and Halloween mermaids and St. Patrick's Day mermaids and July 4th mermaids (and on and on)....I just have not painted any yet, again here I go complaining "NOT ENOUGH TIME"!! Every time I am at the beach I promise myself to get some painting done (yeah, right!!) but it WILL happen one day. We've been very fortunate and blessed in the world of Real Estate, even with the market the way it is right now, so I have been busy helping Bobby with that. Our office manager Ronnie just welcomed a new granddaughter, (cutest little girl with this incredible head of hair) so I have been working at the office a bit more so Ronnie could be with her daughter, right where she should be, with her lovely family!! Congratulations Ronnie and family for your newest addition to your family, that sweet little angel!! Even when we are at the coast we are lucky to be able to work from there, given fax machines and computers and all that stuff. I have book work that needs doing....again, where is all that TIME that I need to do everything that I WANT to do, and the things I NEED to do (complaints complaints complaints!!) but, I could not ask for a more lovely view than the one out in my back yard when I am sitting and working on the computer, when at the coast, but it also can be distracting as well. Watching those fishing boats and shrimp boats, watching the pelicans glide over the water in all their grace, seeing the guys that are out in the water, literally IN the water, digging for clams....well, if I get started I won't EVER shut up!! With my love for this place....let's just say I could go on forever and ever and ever....blah blah blah :)

So, getting back to complaints about time and the lack thereof....this weekend is getting by me and again I have not touched a paint brush, not even a made a sketch of a new mermaid, nor even been out with the camera, but my mind has been spinning with ideas...and the weekend is not over.....YET!!!! SO, I vow I will try to get something creative accomplished before Monday rolls back around...which will be any moment with the way time is flying (more complaining!!) but for now I am at least getting another blog added (major accomplishment) before we head out to dinner with neighbors...seafood of course, what else?!?!! -- it's the BEACH for crying out loud :) The annual Sea Turtle Hospital's Lobster Dinner is tonight to help our wonderful flippered friends, with a silent and live auction and more, all to benefit our wonderful sea turtle hospital on Topsail Island, NC!! You really should visit the hospital at some point if you are ever in the area. The work they do is wonderful and amazing and so greatly appreciated by those of us that love our little turtles. We are so fortunate that these wonderful creatures return to our island every year to make their nests and lay their eggs before heading back out to the big blue!! You will be so glad you went if you have the opportunity to visit :) So, with that said I reluctantly leave the keyboard to get ready to head out for the evening. Sending love to you all :) Lisa

No comments: