The temps yesterday on the NC coast in our area were in the 60's and it was great! The rain came in and the temps dropped and the fog started. Bobby & I, along with our neighbors Bertha & Norwood, rode to Surf City to enjoy the sights & sounds provided by 2 very giving people, Sterling Bryson and Glen Pierce, who decorate their lovely home with tons of lights that flash to the sounds of Christmas. These two generous gentlemen share this wonderful event with people that live in and around the greater Topsail area, and everyone else that travels to our lovely island. We had a great time on the ride over, parked right in front of the house and enjoyed the show. Thank you Sterling and Glen, for your kind & generous nature and for bringing joy to many people that sure can use a boost! Although we've never met these 2 fine people, they obviously embody what this time of year is all about, bringing happiness to others....as it should be! Many thanks to Bertha for providing a yummy supper prior to our little jaunt...Bertha feeds Bobby and I often when we're at the coast and treats us just like we were her own children. Some of our favorite times are spent with those two. I call Norwood "Bobby's partner in crime" and he is responsible for turning Bobby into a fishing nut! I must say that when we all go out together we usually draw attention to ourselves, not by choice though, but because we laugh so hard & so loud people can't help but cast wondering glances our way...it's just life we're enjoying and having fun while doing so! We are SO fortunate and blessed in the neighbors we have on both sides of our home. They certainly don't come any better than Liz on the one side and Norwood & Bertha on the other. I hope the rest of the world is as lucky as we are!!
This morning began with fog hanging low and heavy, and as I took the dogs outside you could hear the engines of the shrimp boats humming, but not a boat could be seen. As the fog began to lift you could see one boat, then another, then another, until the sun finally wrapped its rays around the clouds and shoved them aside....bringing forth that blue sky dotted with puffy gray & white clouds. As this day has progressed it's now about in the mid 50's and the sun is coming and going as it pleases. Yesterday the inlet was a gorgeous green with all the ocean water that was pushed in via the winds we had, and we've recently seen the porpoises playing and feeding out back more than we've seen all summer. I have to say, we live in two very different, yet both wonderful, places. The city is rush, rush, rush as usual, yet I love my hometown and always will, but here at the coast it's a whole different world. Slower pace, definite scenery change, where we are so fortunate to be able to walk out onto our back porch or deck, or out onto the pier, and watch the porpoises play, so close you can hear them splash and breathe. It is an awesome sight each and every time I see those magnificent creatures. They always amaze me! When we take the boat out and see porpoises we always cut the engine and just sit and enjoy. We are about 5 minutes by water to the Intracoastal Waterway and then another 5 minutes and you're in the Atlantic. There is always something going on in the waters behind our house...always entertaining and awesome! I remember the first time Oscar, our black lab, saw a porpoise...it was all we could do to keep him from "jumping ship" to swim with them! We saw the porpoises as we were headed back to the house, so we sat there to enjoy watching them and when they got about 10 to 12 feet from us, one came up and blew out of its blow hole and Oscar just about leapt from the boat. What a hoot...that dog!! He is fearless when it comes to jumping headlong into water...point in case, we were out in the ocean (not far out cause I don't go far) and as I sat on the front of the boat, out of the corner of my eye I noticed Oscar tense up and crouch, so my instincts kicked in and I grabbed his collar, only to look over the side of the boat to see what he was thinking about going for....a big ol' jellyfish went cruising on by....OSCAR!! BAD DOG!! funny though now :o)
Well, I hate to run, so in closing I'd like to bid all a wonderful day...make sure you do a little something artistic today...create a little something. I plan to organize a bit, work some more as well....thank you my lucky stars...I can work from here!! ....I will say it over and over....thanks to my wonderful hubby, I live the life I lead, broken free from the chains of working for someone else, to this wonderful self employed life I lead now. I love you my love! Everyone have a wonderful day! xoxo
Monday, December 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Oooooooo, I wish I could have been there with you!!
Guess how many cookies I have in my mouth?
Love,
Stink~*xoxo
OH just as LuLu said I wish I could of been with you especially this morning. I love the ocean and miss it so. I guess thats why I love mermaids so.
So the mermaid I have on one of my earlier post is yours not Wendys. I posted a few Mondays back. After the holidays I am treating myself to one of yours especially if it has pink in it. lol
My home is painted with shades of pink and green. Beautiful but I love pinks
Anyway why I stopped by if you would like for me to post some of your mermaids on my Temptation Mondays or anything else of yours be sure and let me know so I can do it. I love your work and LuLu's
I told Lulu that Lulu was my nickname in school.
Maggie
Post a Comment