Well, I am late as usual, and I may have missed Thanksgiving AND the month of November completely, but I am thankful for all I have. I am thankful for my family...my wonderful and loving husband I give so much thanks for, as he has seen to my every need since we've been married (we just celebrated 19 years in November!!) and I thank him for the help in caring for my Mom over these past years. Many of you know, and some don't, that my Mom had a stroke back in early 2006 and she lost her ability to speak, she's suffered so many other setbacks over the years, and without Bobby I would not have made it through it all. I am so thankful for my dogs, as they are my constant source of joy and love. I am thankful for my friends...they keep my going when I think I have nothing left in me...I am so thankful for my sister...she is my sounding board, my touchstone, my heart, and never fails to support me during all my highs and my lows, she knows without a doubt that she IS who I need more than life itself. I am thankful for her husband Rick, who has given her the life and love she deserves, and he sacrifices his time and part of his life to serve this country via the Army, which brings me to thank all the men and women of our armed services...those that have fallen, those that have been injured, those that remain overseas, those here on their own soil and that have to fear the enemy right here in our own country, and then the families of these brave souls....THANK YOU all as well...our unconditional love goes to you all for what you give us each day, our continued freedom, which is something I think most people take for granted, as it is easy to do as we all go about our daily lives. I also give thanks for who I am and what I have, for I am so blessed in so many ways, and for that I am truly thankful and grateful, and always try to pay it forward so that someone else may benefit from something I may do or say or give....which brings me to my next item....giving of yourself! see next paragraph...
My dear friend Wendy Prentice, my mentor from afar, my inspiration, my mermaid sister, my sweet sweet friend....who is a Mom to 3 wonderful young men, all special in their own way. Her eldest son Aaron has given his own life to others via his organization PLANTING PEACE, please visit http://www.plantingpeace.org/ to learn more, moreover, to help this selfless man and his cause to help the world beyond us all...Aaron needs your help, his worldwide family deserves anything you can give. Believe me everyone, even $5.00 can help so many! Please help!! please
It seems as if more and more time gets away from me these days and, while a blog was a great idea and well intended on my part, I seem to not be able to even manage one post a month....well, life sometimes just gets in the way...but maybe one day I will have time to do ALL those things I really want to get around to doing....in the meantime, many thanks goes to Lu for taking care of Coastal Sisters with all her love and care...she is the backbone of us both....I LOVES MY SISSY!!!!!
In closing, there really are so many things I am thankful for, there are things I wish I had (not material stuff) and more I wish I could do for others, but while I continue to care for my family and my Mom, I am just thankful for what I DO have and only try to push forward to be a good person, kind towards others, treating them as I would have them treat me, and I try to "pay it forward" in any small way I can, each day, to make a difference to someone, somewhere, at all times. Thank you all that are a part of my life...I love you all, each and every one of you, and you all hold a special place within my heart and my soul.
Saturday, December 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment