Tuesday, December 23, 2008
A love for much...a wish for PEACE
Okay....a few thoughts for right now. Being a mermaid artist and having a love of the coast and spending some time walking the beach alongside the ocean for a few days prior to yesterday (before we began to freeze these past 2 days....brrrrrrr) I am SO thankful for this life I lead. I am so lucky and fortunate and blessed to live in a place where I am SO in love with my surroundings and the beauty of it all. Sometimes when Bobby and I take the boys (our labs Angus & Oscar) to the North end of the island, where most of the time it is very peaceful, even during the height of the beach season, I am always struck by the beauty of everything our wonderful ocean has to offer us....the lovely shells that wash up, the bright green seaweeds, the "mermaids pocketbooks" (a.k.a. skate egg cases) that wash ashore, the seagulls, known lovingly by me as the "jesters of the beach" ....the porpoises that we are SO SO lucky to have site of and be a part of their lives....they allow us to be with them, not the other way around, as they surface and give us a show from time to time, sometimes allowing us our own private "Seaworld Show" right in our own back yard!! We love our community, and while we are a quiet and very hard working fishing village, we feel very "rich" in this place, and there is such a sense of community here in Sneads Ferry, and we just love it all the more for the way people respond to one another. No one will ever pass you by and not look right at you when you speak and return the favor, and we all wave as we pass each other in our cars while on the go, and lest we forget our military, our brave men and women that lay their lives on the line for us each and every day, not asking for our thanks in return, but who truly believe in their duty to serve our country. I ask each one of you that visits our blogs, the Coastal Sisters blogs, if you see a man or woman in uniform, please do not be afraid nor hesitate to approach them and thank them from the bottom of your heart for all they do to keep you safe and free. Many of these brave souls are not home for the holidays and will spend time with their fellow servicemen and women. Please visit the numerous sites, and this one takes a brief moment from your life, to send holiday wishes and notes of love and support to these brave souls. The military is always prominent in our community, as we are right near a base and an air station, and while sometimes it may be very loud around here, we live with the wonderful sound of FREEDOM daily, which most people would find distracting and a nuisance, yet we applaud the sounds we hear, helicopters and jets and many more aircraft of which I can't even name......We pray for a speedy and safe return to the USA for our troops serving in Iraq and throughout the World, as these brave souls have put their lives on the line for each and every one of us, and many of us don't even know or understand why, yet they all deserve our thanks and respect. We share a wish to bring our troops home where they can reunite with their family and friends. May God bless and keep you all. I speak for many, and there are some that will not share my thoughts and wishes, but please respect my thoughts, and wish for Peace for all our World....this is the only one we have my fellow human beings, whether or not we all share the same Faith or beliefs, we all need Peace for this, OUR PLANET, we need kindness, so BE KIND to your fellow men & women. Please send out a wish for PEACE and be kind, it doesn't cost a thing folks.....what more can a person ask for?!!! A FREEBIE...how great is that! I think this all is coming from a feeling I had rush over me this morning as I was doing a favor for a neighbor, I felt if we all could do just one small kindness for another how great life would be!! Keep an open heart because an open heart will never be a lonely heart. xoxo Lisa
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I could not have said this better.
Love,
Stink
Post a Comment